Pages

"Breathe deep, fly high, seek peace"

"Breathe deep, fly high, seek peace"



-Skybax rider motto



Saturday 4 July 2015

Back Fence Border

We drove to the farm on Monday & picked up a trailer load of sheep poo!  It is glorious, broken down nicely & mixed with barley straw, so hopefully the plants are grateful.

The back fence border is complete for the moment. In the top picture (left hand side) I have planted two different native hibiscus, magnolia, iris, purple fountain grass, agapanthus, easter lillie, podalyria sericea, scaevola, shasta daisy,penstemon, & aloe bush baby yellow.

To the right of the golden cane palm I have planted more iris, aloe fairy pink, Nepata six hills giant, Phygelius aequalis yellow trumpet, more penstemon, aquilegia, patersonia native iris, Papaver ruprifragum tangerine gem, Buddleja davidii royal red & Euphorbia characias, oh & the skinny little trunk of my Bauhinia tree.

My one & only flower at the moment - Dianthus

Bearded iris I received from my mother inlaw.
So all looking rather pathetic, but with the onset of spring they should all fill out nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Bec,
    I have heard the praise of sheep manure but have yet to try it. After this posting I will be paying more attention to its qualities. The plantings are looking wonderful now; I can only image how beautiful this is going to be as they mature. – G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Perth WA we have to pile on any compost/manure we can get our hands on, our soil is like our beach sand, very sandy, which is great at the beach! I hope your imagination is spot on, in my mind it looks beautiful too, but I just get blank looks from the family when I say that!

    ReplyDelete