Pages

"Breathe deep, fly high, seek peace"

"Breathe deep, fly high, seek peace"



-Skybax rider motto



Monday 15 June 2015

Ready for the good dirt!

We have dug out tonnes of roots & raked, shoveled & finally we have it level enough to order the landscape mix, 20 cubic metres of it!
But because I just couldn't wait any longer I had to plant something, so in the far corner I have planted a Bauhinia variegata purpurea (Orchid Tree). This tree grows to approx 8m with a width of 6m, it is partly deciduous, although we shall see as it still has lots of leaves at the moment. It has beautiful fragrant, magneta, orchid like flowers - a tropical looking tree.

Heaps of pot plants eagerly awaiting planting, some I dug out of the garden & others I have propagated & even more I have purchased.

Bella sunning herself in the warm winter sun, still lots of roots around, but hopefully they will break down under the new soil.  Rusty screen leaning against the pavers, which we will attached to a frame & erect across the entry way to the patio, it all looks outstanding in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment